My window application gives error-"Operation must use an updateable query" while run in vista.I used update and insert statements.How can I provide permission to write/update in Ms Access database.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

For starters you could provide us with the code segment that is related to your MS Access connection and UPDATE/INSERT statements and perhaps some of our fine MS Access knowledgeable members would be able to troubleshoot from there :twisted:

OleDbConnection con = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\\windows\\window.mdb");
string ins = "insert into emp values('" + textBox1.Text.ToString() + "','" + textBox2.Text.ToString() + "')";
            OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand(ins,con);
            con.Open();
            cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
            con.Close();
            MessageBox.Show("Saved");

Problem occurs in windows vista.

For starters you could provide us with the code segment that is related to your MS Access connection and UPDATE/INSERT statements and perhaps some of our fine MS Access knowledgeable members would be able to troubleshoot from there :twisted:

OleDbConnection con = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\\windows\\window.mdb");
string ins = "insert into emp values('" + textBox1.Text.ToString() + "','" + textBox2.Text.ToString() + "')";
            OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand(ins,con);
            con.Open();
            cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
            con.Close();
            MessageBox.Show("Saved");

Problem occurs in windows vista.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.