Can anybody suggest me a tutorial for Perl. I have to prepare for a interview. And have to practise

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is this the same reason for all the Java stuff? And, if you are preparing for an "interview", don't you find it a bit late to be learning that for which you have applied? Common sense says you should have some idea about what it is you're applying for before you apply for it.

Is this the same reason for all the Java stuff? And, if you are preparing for an "interview", don't you find it a bit late to be learning that for which you have applied? Common sense says you should have some idea about what it is you're applying for before you apply for it.

I get surprised on receiving such a reply from you. I know java. But thread is always a headache for me. I know the reasons for two different type of creations. But i bit confused with object array of class and Thread objects array. But regarding PERl I heard only about basics and some commands. That too i cannot remember now. Without knowing Semantic meaning how one can remember those commands. That's why i asked to suggest a tutorial or book. And for that interview i have not applied so far. java , jsp with perl is needed for that post. so only i asked. I think i have common sense , Sir. But you have given a e-slap for me. But i learned how to discuss in a forum.Thank you.

I'm sorry, but judging by those constructors and some of the other things from those posts it doesn't look like you "know Java". Who knows, maybe you were just "having a bad hair day", but people can only make assumptions from what they've been shown.

I dont wish a senior programmer asking sorry to a trainee completed only 20 days. Shall i mark this thread as solved, since you didnt suggest anything about tutorials ?.

http://www.techinterviews.com/perl-interview-questions-and-answers

this may be help ful.if you are applying for 1+ exp just know the logics of basic perl.mostly they will ask file handling reading,writing, processing with perl regex.
go with some knw of regex
then diff between array and hash.. perl oops.. what is shift,unshift, split function .. attend with confident u will crack..all the best

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.