want 2 print the following in c using loop
|......|
|..c...|
|..ch..|
|..chm..|

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Give it a try first. We require that you provide proof of effort on homework problems.

tried a lot but unable 2 put in any of loop,i know it simply with printf stmts but with loop cant do it,plz help me out it's urgent ........

post your current code

i don't have any code with loop,i only want the source code for program using looping

do
{
    printf("|......|\n");
    printf("|..c...|\n");
    printf("|..ch..|\n");
    printf("|..chm..|\n");
}
while (0);
commented: thanks for helping me out and can u tell me this using for loop +0

Maybe a more serious answer is in order..

Try to create a function that will prefix a given character array with "|.." and postfix it with "..|". The character section should always be atleast 2 symbols, use '.' to fill up remaining spaces if needed. (so that would be if the supplied character array has size 0 or 1) You could then create a loop to call this function with an array and call it with size 0, 1, 2 and 3 using the same array.. ('c','h' and 'm')

is PI is a valid variable name?
according to me it is valid variable name because pi is reserved for the value 3.14.
please reply soon.

It's fine to use. math.h might define M_PI but this is only if

__STRICT_ANSI__ 

is defined. As a result some implementation might not have it either I think. If it does have it and it's defined, you wouldn't be able to define M_PI yourself when including math.h unless you use shady compiler-specific intructions to temporarily disable the definition like this:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>

int main(void)
{
    #pragma push_macro("M_PI")
    #undef M_PI
    double M_PI = 1.00;

printf("%f\n", M_PI);
    #pragma pop_macro("M_PI")

return 0;
}

While supported by quite some compilers I do not recommend this, just rename your variable if needed.

math.h might define M_PI but this is only if
__STRICT_ANSI__
is defined.

Everything in this statement is making an assumption about the implementation. Neither M_PI nor __STRICT_ANSI__ are required by the C standard. M_PI is a common extension though, so it would be best to safely define it if you use it in portable code:

#ifndef M_PI
#define M_PI 3.1415926535
#endif

And because both PI and M_PI have well established meanings, it would be unwise to use those names as anything but a constant for the value of pi. Or at most a working variable that eventually ends up at an approximation of pi.

in simple words tell me PI is an valid variable name or not???????????

in simple words tell me PI is an valid variable name or not???????????

Technically, yes. In real life, it depends on your compiler and the libraries you're using. If you need simpler words than that, the answer is no.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.