may any one suggest some sample code how to store the video file frame data into arrays by programming in C....

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

You'll want to start with a library like those provided by FFmpeg to decode the video file.

hi gusano
can u please detail me how to proceed...

can u also explain how can ffmpeg be related to C?

What's your C experience? The way you ask the question suggests that this might be awfully difficult for you as a first project.

can u also explain how can ffmpeg be related to C?

FFmpeg is a project for working with multimedia data; it includes several C libraries you can use in your own applications.

But...

can u please detail me how to proceed...

...leads me to agree with this statement:

The way you ask the question suggests that this might be awfully difficult for you

Go read some of the FFmpeg documentation or tutorials... if you're still lost, that's a good sign that you're probably not ready to tackle this quite yet.

If a general-purpose multimedia library is overkill for your purposes, there might be a simpler approach we could help with. Is this a specific project and/or video format you're working on, or is this just a general question?

Thanks for your support...
This is my first project to code a scene change detection algorithm in C...and I have no idea about storing of the frames....

Store the frames in a 2D array, perhaps. One element per pixel.

thank you Moschops..

hi gusano
I am unable to compile the code of ffmpeg on my system(window 7 hp os)...can u suggest me another alternative..
thanks

From which directory are you trying to run FFmpeg? Did you follow step 5 in the how-to, "Edit the Windows System PATH"?

I have created a directory in C:\FFmpeg and trying to run it...I also have changed the path variable.

Hi friends
I need to submit my project on "scene change detection with C" in a week.So I would like to have ur help
regarding any ideas or sample code or any suggestions to implement ffmpeg.....please help me
thanks in advance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.