Hello everyone,
I have two classes Student and Courses. Class Students creates an object of class Courses since each Student will take some Courses.

How can I call an object of class Courses in class Students such that each Student class will have an instance of class Courses which will take care of setting , getting and printing course details for each students.

Also, how can I use inputs from console to initialize Students created. i.e., prompt user for input and use the set methods of the objects to take the console inputs to initialize the Student created.

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Crestaldin

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

any tutorial will tell you how to do that. Pay more attention in class and actually read your course material.

sorry for the anglosaxon community, but this is (best in) dutch...

niet zo flauw, wenting!

alle begin is moeilijk...

peter

p.s. is er geen boekje zoals 'java in 10 minuten' in het engels, daar is het (java) voor mij mee begonnen, één van de voorbeeldjes is inmiddels uitgegroeid tot een programma van (net geen) 10000.
regels in 2 1/2 jaar.
hobby???
cu
peter

I really dont understand the need of creating a class within another class..
The logic there seems to be pretty cluttered.
Instead, there should be 2 separate classes which make things simple for further modifications.
Also, delegations are a better way of object orientated programming.
The student class can be aware of the courses class where as the course is completely unaware of the existance of a student class.. I think printing details would also be easier in this case..

Hello everyone,
I have two classes Student and Courses. Class Students creates an object of class Courses since each Student will take some Courses.

How can I call an object of class Courses in class Students such that each Student class will have an instance of class Courses which will take care of setting , getting and printing course details for each students.

Also, how can I use inputs from console to initialize Students created. i.e., prompt user for input and use the set methods of the objects to take the console inputs to initialize the Student created.

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Crestaldin

He doesn't seem to grok the concept of having members in a class that aren't primitives, he's not looking at nested or inner classes at all (though his topic does suggest so).
Yet any basic tutorial (and certainly his teacher) will handle that in the first few lessons...

It's therefore obvious that he needs to pay more attention in class, or he'd not have needed to ask this question, as it will have been handled already (and his course material will also handle it, if he but reads it).

I'll give him the simple answer to the first part simply because he typed his question like an adult and not some kid using a bunch of net lingo shortcuts.

public class Student
{
    private Courses courses = new Courses();

//constructor
    public Student()
    {
    }
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.