hi all, I'm new to visual c++ and currently im doing a school project which involves using a smart camera-projector system....I need to use visual C++ 6 in order to connect to system and I just do not know how to do it......this is just the first step of my project....I want to be able to turn on the camera using visual c++....later on i will have to create a 3D model of the room and callibrate it into the camera-projector system so as to put the 3D world into 2D....Apart from that i have to use background subtraction to locate the person standing in the room and project an arrow onto the floor showing the way to the destination........its basically a project which projects arrow for user navigation in an intelligent environment.........this project is killing me.........can anyone help with the first step though?

First place to start is installing the device driver, I suppose you might get one from the camera's manufacturer. Google will give you some information also.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.