Hi. I am taking a c++ class and I have to write a program that manipulates polynomials. The assignment requires that you have a largeInteger class from the STL list class.

I have the code, but when I go to run it, I am having some problems. I went to eh teacher, but he doesn't answer questions. He just get smart. :$ There are no tutors. I am very stuck!! I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. :scared:

I have a header file with two classes. One to store the coefficients and the terms. The other is for the polynomial implementation. There are only a few days left. :sweat: If anyone could help me at all, I would greatly appreciate it!:)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Maybe it would help if you'd indicate what kind of problems you are experiencing?

Bart.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>write a program that manipulates polynomials
So are you going to post your code so far so we know what we're dealing with.

>The assignment requires that you have a largeInteger class from the STL list class.
You might as well post this as well. I presume it is something your teacher has given you as a prerequisite to the original assignment.

>I am very stuck!!
I'm sure you are. There are many,many ways to go about this. Some using dynamic arrays new and delete[]. Some using std::vectors, some using std::strings, some using char* arrays. Some where operator overloading is mandatory etc.

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~main/projects/chap04c.html
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/introcs/92symbolic/Polynomial.java.html

That java link is rather useful. Very simply put and easy to convert to c++. But don't keep us guessing post what you have so far.

I have been doing some searching but a i could not find anything to help me CREATE a polynomial, can you plis refere me to a site i could learn some thing from....

Use linklist to represent polynomial, it is not that difficult.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>I have been doing some searching but a i could not find anything to help me CREATE a polynomial, can you plis refere me to a site i could learn some thing from....

look at the links in post #3.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.