Hey guys,
I am trying to do the basic :hello world" in PHP
When i compile the code, my browser doesn't display "hello world" it is giving me an error:
"You tried to access the address http://localhost/PhpProject1/index.php, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page."
Why does it do that?
Is it possible that the reason is that i am using Opera?
Thanks ahead for your input

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Please check if the apache service is running or not ?

make life easier on yourself (may not be the problem but make life easier)
dont use mixed case filenames

'This' is exclusive to 'this'

Hey guys,
I am trying to do the basic :hello world" in PHP
When i compile the code, my browser doesn't display "hello world" it is giving me an error:
"You tried to access the address http://localhost/PhpProject1/index.php, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page."
Why does it do that?
Is it possible that the reason is that i am using Opera?
Thanks ahead for your input

As far as I know, PHP is not a compiled language...
Did you try just running the script file?
Post what you have.

Member Avatar for diafol

Using IIS or Apache? Is your php setup properly?
Try

phpinfo();

This error sounds like your server is not running. If your running Apache go to your

Apache installation folder >> bin/ApacheMonitor.exe

With ApacheMonitor.exe you can start your server.

I've been messing around with my terminal on my mac and i think i messed it up.
Is any way to reset the web setting on Snow Leopard?
Thank you

Not for nothing, grisha, but do think this is the line of work you should be in? Can't help[ you with mac, I'm more of a Linux and Microsoft animal.
No snow leopards...

I should ask you the same question: Is this your thing (solving threads)? Instead of simple ignoring my question (since you don't have the solution to it). You inefficiently wasting space on server by leaving meaningless comments.
Cheers!

Member Avatar for diafol

I should ask you the same question: Is this your thing (solving threads)? Instead of simple ignoring my question (since you don't have the solution to it). You inefficiently wasting space on server by leaving meaningless comments.
Cheers!

Like yours?

Or this one?

C'mon guys - let's drag DW down to the ground with our meaningless comments. She knew this day would come when the worms would turn and burrow away at her gigabytes!

//EDIT
Oh crap. I've just read this back. It's obviously way past my bedtime. School tomorrow.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.