when managing rules I receive the below error:

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using in configuration or in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation. at System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(St ring uniqueId, String argument) at System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBack Event(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI .IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

The only thing on my web page are buttons to change to new aspx pages. From searching this error I changed all of the buttons to "linkbutton" and I still receive this error.

Please help!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have the enableEventValidation="false" set on my aspx files but I still receive this error.

The rules are applied as long as I am in Microsoft Visual Web developer 2008, but does not apply the rules when in live mode after publishing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.