Hi there.

I have a few hundred/thousand macro enabled spreadsheets that need to be uploaded to a database. The spreadsheets have a button that copies the data over to the database and it prompts the user for a username and password in order to do so (same for all files). I am attempting to find a way to write a program that would allow me to access each of the spreadsheets automatically and upload them to the database but I'm not sure how to start and I haven't found a lot of documentation on doing somethings similar.

Can someone get me started, give some idea of how to do this, or point me to some code that does the same thing? Any ideas?

Hi there.

I have a few hundred/thousand macro enabled spreadsheets that need to be uploaded to a database. The spreadsheets have a button that copies the data over to the database and it prompts the user for a username and password in order to do so (same for all files). I am attempting to find a way to write a program that would allow me to access each of the spreadsheets automatically and upload them to the database but I'm not sure how to start and I haven't found a lot of documentation on doing somethings similar.

Can someone get me started, give some idea of how to do this, or point me to some code that does the same thing? Any ideas?

if you use office2007 or later, it is better to use Open XML SDK with C# or VB because that version of Excel format is Open XML. i hope you to challenge this cool technology and discussion here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.