I recently posted a thread here but have different subject so I decided to make another.

I have two questions
1.]how can I deploy my application?there is a function Publish in visual studio but that didnt do the job(of maybe Im just doing it wrong).I have a database in my project,and a lot of pictures. when I published my project,the database is working fine but all the pictures is gone.
What is the correct/complete way to publish my project?together will all the components I used(pics.etc).Is it like making a folder in the program files?

2.]I have multiple forms that is "linked". linked in a way that the value of a textbox In the first form will be used in the next form.there are 'next' and 'back' button in every form.when I entered for example "daniweb" in one of my Txtbox,click next,then click back again,the word I entered in that txtbox is gone.actually all the controls is being "reset".
this is the code i used to switch forms

OrderForm2 callOrderForm2 = new OrderForm2();
callOrderForm2.Show();
this.Close();

Ive tried this.Hide(); but same thing happens.

Is there any way that when I click back,all my controls will be at the same state when I leave them?like anything I entered in my textboxes is still there,the value I selected in my dataTimePicker is still the same,the checkboxes I clicked is still checked,etc..
Ive been searching the web many weeks now but I still dont get the solution to my problem.

Im using
XP SP3
Visual C# pro 2008
Sql server 2005

I hope you guys can help me.

thanks for reading and for your help and Godbless

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You need to look at 'Setup and Deployment'

You will need to create a new project. Under 'Other Project Types' you will need to select 'Setup and Deployment'.

Depending upon your requirements you can choose the type of 'Setup and deployment' you would like to use. I guess 'Setup Project' would be the best.

You need to add this solution to your project that you want to create setup for.

You can read more about it here..

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/vishnuprasad2005/SetupProjects12022005022406AM/SetupProjects.aspx

commented: thanks man! +1

2.]I have multiple forms that is "linked". linked in a way that the value of a textbox In the first form will be used in the next form.there are 'next' and 'back' button in every form.when I entered for example "daniweb" in one of my Txtbox,click next,then click back again,the word I entered in that txtbox is gone.actually all the controls is being "reset".
this is the code i used to switch forms

Why not use a TabControl and allow the user to traverse back and forth (Back / Next) through each of the pages on a single form?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.