I am a newcomer to java and jdbc. I am currently trying to develop a web application in which the user can upload a spreadsheet to the form. Is there any way in which contents of the uploaded spreadsheet can be saved to the database?
I am working in eclipse and using postgre sql database.

Thankyou for your help!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

what IDE or DB you use are not really relevant.
How new are you to Java? Unless you already have a good solid knowledge of basic Java, I recommend not to start with webapps.

Basically, what you are asking is whether a datafile can be saved in a database ... This has nothing to do with Java, really, rathere with what your DB can do.

Basically, your question is answered here, along with a description of the options you have: PostgreSql_Wiki on binary files

Do you have the spreadsheet as a file, or do you have all the data in arrays or some other data structure. If it's the latter then you can use ordinary SQL commands via JDBC to update the database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.