Tomaž 0 Newbie Poster

I am computer technitian. Unfortunately deteriorating economic conditions prevent me from finding an employment that matches my education and I also am unable to afford any formal education, but I digress.

I have mentioned my education to clarify that I already have some knowledge with programming languages forehand, however these are only school basics, visual basic, turbo pascal and C#. I need more.

I wish to try making a game and I want to learn the necessary skills to do so. I am not referring to anything fancy of course, and I do not have any illusions of my first project to be a AAA title.

I was thinking about starting off with a simple real-time strategy game. I already know that the best thing to do would be to use a premade graphics engine for the job, but what I have in mind is also quite a bit of AI programming so I turn to you. I would like to know what are the skills I need to develop in order to make my idea a reality and maybe some recommendations to go for.

I have already tried to submit the same request to your sister site (programming forums) but I am stuck in a moderation queue for almost a week now and would like to turn to you.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.