Hi so I have the next problem (didnt write it in code yet because I dont know how i should start) I have to make a program in Visual Studio 2008 that would add words to numbers and make it a word again s ofor example:

monday + 4 =friday

so I suppose that I should convert the days to a number variable but I dont really know chich one Integer or maybe a String?

I'm pretty new to programming and I would appreciate any tips or maybe even some little help with code verry much.

thanks in advance
&
sorry for my bad english
Katsurou

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

An enumeration is of type integer, do you realise I did some effort to give you this info. I expect the same from you next time you ask a question! Look up about enumerations in your textbook on the web etc. first.
Now this should do the trick:

using System;

namespace EnumThings
{
    class Program
    {
        enum Days
        {
            Sunday,
            Monday,
            Tuesday,
            Wednesday,
            Thursday,
            Friday,
            Saturday
        };

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Days weekday = Days.Monday;
            Days newweekday = weekday + 4;
            Console.WriteLine(newweekday);
            Console.ReadKey();
        }
    }
}

I'm sorry but I was quite clueless what i should search for and thanks for the info

Do you understand what this code means or are you still looking through a haze? If it is still hazy please ask questions.:)

I think that i get the picture thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.