I'm trying to search on how to store the image in a local folder and save its path and filename in ms access using vb.net but a lot of topic makes it more confusing for me. I'm just a student and working on my baby thesis. I'm currently building an employee's record and salary statement system where all values in registration form will be save in my database(ms access) including picture of the employee but i don't know how to start. Can anyone help me with my problem?

I'm using vs 2005 with ms access 2003.

Thanx in advance :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The path and filename is just a string and if you don't know how to insert a string value into a database then you have put exactly zero effort into learning. Any beginning database programming book will show you how to do this in the first chapter or two.

You played that " I'm just a student starting to learn vb.net and more on searching codes for editing and applying to my app" 3 momths ago.

Instead of looking for code to cobble together into something that satifies your instructor, try learning from what you find. If you don't understand something try reading the documentation and if that still does not gel into an understanding ask specific questions asking why something does what it does.

Don't come here with that line of "poor little ol' me is just too confused, will you do my homework for me" line.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.