Not sure where else to put this, I apologise in advance if its in the wrong place.
I'm trying to migrate a program from one server to the next without having to completely re-edit every configuration file. To do this, I need to enable the sql SA account, which I did, and change its password. So, I've changed it a half dozen times to what it needs to be, but when I go to log in using the program, it throws an error. So, to check, I tried logging into Management Studio using SA and the appropriate password, and it gave a login failed error. Is there another way to change the password? is there something else at play here? I can still login using windows authentication.

Is the server set to Windows only authentication? If yes, logins with SQL server credentials will always fail. You'll need to set it to use mixed mode from the security tab. That particular issue I learnt the hard way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.