Hello all,
I'm I am very new to using MySQL databases and came across an error that I need help with.
I'm trying to make a simple Connection file in php to connect to one of my databases and it keeps giving me this error:"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'shredder_adam'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\insert_ac.php on line 10"

any ideas on how to fix this???

thanks SO much for the help and bearing with my super noobiness...

Shredder

-also attached is a picture of the error message to help further...

Have you checked the privileges for user 'shredder_adam'? You can access those through Databases -> {database} -> Privileges -> 'shredder_adam'. If that user doesn't exist, then add it; else change the privileges. (BTW - I am a noob on PHP MyAdmin but an experienced user in MySQL so I had to learn how to use the MyAdmin interface but I could tell you how to make the changes through the command line so I had to do some guessing here myself.)

Hello all,
I'm I am very new to using MySQL databases and came across an error that I need help with.
I'm trying to make a simple Connection file in php to connect to one of my databases and it keeps giving me this error:"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'shredder_adam'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\insert_ac.php on line 10"

any ideas on how to fix this???

thanks SO much for the help and bearing with my super noobiness...

Shredder

-also attached is a picture of the error message to help further...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.