Hi all,

I have noticed that there are some scrolling text advertisements appearing at the bottom of some forum posts, including mine. Now I understand that advertising probably goes a long way to generating the revenue that DaniWeb requires to remain operational. But I must say that I disapprove of these advertisements appearing on my posts for companies that I am not affiliated with. I have attached an example of what I am talking about, please at the very least create a profile option so that I can stop it from occurring on my posts!

Regards,
d

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

This shouldn't be happening and I actually cannot reproduce this.

Not sure if this helps, but I am using Firefox 3.07 on a 64-bit Vista machine.

After Dani's earlier post I thought it may have been a problem in my work PC only, but I just tried on my home (32-bit) PC which runs XP SP3 with Firefox 1.90. It is also occurring for me in IE 6.0.

<!-- google_ad_section_start --> After Dani's earlier post I thought it may have been a problem in my work PC only, but I just tried on my home (32-bit) PC which runs XP SP3 with Firefox 1.90. It is also occurring for me in IE 6.0. <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

the site has google ads, google ad headers have made it into the post bodies, templating problem?
Turning off the ads in control panel does not turn off these annoying scripts

You're talking about this thread.

If I turn off ad-block and enable intellitxt in my user-control-panel, I don't see the error you mentioned, but I see a few other strange things. (see attach) And they are indeed scrolling and flashing and other annoying things...

I'm using FF3 btw.

You're talking about this thread.

Yes, that's the thread where my screenshot was taken from, but it is happening all over the DaniWeb site.

I cant see anything,i tried enabling Contextual ads,etc and nothing like that!

Hmmmmmm

I cant see anything,i tried enabling Contextual ads,etc and nothing like that!

Hmmmmmm

If you are running spybot or another adblocker, this domain is blocked

This appears to have stopped for me although I haven't changed any browser settings. almostbob, are you still seeing the ads or can I mark this thread as solved?

I'm not seeing the adds,
but I blocked the domain in the hosts file, the script doenst load

Yeah! Use ad block plus (firefox addon) and block all the unwanted scripts/frames/images/ads/whatever! Life has been good since I started using ABP. :cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.