I totally understand this is probably not what it was actually called but i dont recall,

what I am looking for is the page where you would see some info on reputation changes and post statistics and other stuff, but it was not the public profile that other users can also access and consult.

Does anyone know what im talking about? there was also links to see statistics about traffic income to daniweb for code snippets and stuff like that.

Just wondering where it all went,
Im not a big fan of the new design but i guess ill get used to it,
I just find that the site is very plain since the changes

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

It was your control panel in vBulletin. The new design is intentionally "plain" because it's only a first version of the system and a simpler design improves both performance and usability. The control panel from vBulletin in particular was excessively complicated and it confused people.

Now that we're relatively stable from the initial bugs, feel free to make feature requests. But please provide a specific description of what you want. Using your description of the lost features, "statistics about traffic income to daniweb for code snippets and stuff like that", isn't quite detailed enough to work out a new feature design.

commented: +1 for "control panel" ! :D +0

oh it's not a big deal, I was just wondering if it had moved to somewhere else. It's not like i need to see it or anything but when i was bored I would look at these stats for fun.

I'd like to see the list of reputation comments in our Profile similar to the one that was in vBulletin.

I'd like to see the list of reputation comments in our Profile similar to the one that was in vBulletin.

What do you feel is missing from the list we have now?

Member Avatar for diafol

I like the new streamlined Profile, but where did the Ignore list go? I suppose as a mod, it doesn't make much sense to have one, but is it still available for other members?

but where did the Ignore list go
I suppose as a mod ...

As a mod, your ignore-button now reads "perma-ban" ;)

Member Avatar for diafol

Thanks Nick, but I can't see any ignore button / permaban or anything else like it in my 'edit profile page'.
In fact there's nothing other than the couple of display options and the community bit.

//EDIT

Why has my avatar gone all shiny? I look like a hypertensive freak?!

As a mod you have the power to issue a permaban with the infraction dropdown that is only available to mods/admins from the edit post menu. Obviously not something you would use in lieu of an ignore function, no matter how tempting it can be sometimes :)

IMO, the new list of reputation comments is more informative than the one vBulletin had. You don't think so?

Yes that's what I'm looking for, but I can't find that link on my Profile page!

Yes that's what I'm looking for, but I can't find that link on my Profile page!

There are two tabs on your profile page: Community and Post Comments. Community is your member and activty summary while Post Comments is the list of your reputation comments.

Ooooh I know what page you were looking for, Phillippe! It was the CMS Stats page, with the graph at the top and then all of the tabbed charts. Yeah, we currently don't have that. Sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.