Member Avatar for LastMitch

@pritaeas

Am not too keen on those. Installers may change and most important: the respective application's forums are full with tips, which they don't bother to read.

I get it.

@pritaeas

Are you working on another Code Snippet or Tutorial?

I was thinking about it, but basically the answer is no, not at the moment. Why? Have something interesting?

@pritaeas

What about error logs on the host server. When I look at the error logs, it tells me what line has the error. Then I open the file with Net Bean or Notepad++ to see the error. To debug the error. Sometimes the variable is wrong or I miss a semi-colon or period or qoutes. I guess a outline what to look at in the error log and help deal with the errors.

If you have time. It's just a thought it might not be a priority either.

Member Avatar for diafol

Here's an idea LM - why don't you produce one on this? Poor p must feel like a jukebox with all these requests. You seem to have some experience with it - you could even produce a video / screenshots. :)

@diafol

Here's an idea LM - why don't you produce one on this? Poor p must feel like a jukebox with all these requests. You seem to have some experience with it - you could even produce a video / screenshots. :)

I don't know if I can do something like a tutorial or a code snippet. I think I will try. It will take sometime.

I only requested 3 things. Only 1 got approved by pritaeas it's a the Smarty code snippet.

Poor p must feel like a jukebox with all these requests.

I look at the crystal ball and see that you're right.

You're right about pritaeas feeling tired, exhausted. He needs some time off.

Never doubt the crystal ball, it works after all.

LOL@3, counting back I count a whole lot more ;) Well, I ditched your frameworks question, because I don't use them. Hardly makes me the right man for the job. Apart from that, I'm more a fan of MVVM than MVC.

But I still have a small list of things I can write about, and always looking for interesting new topics.

@pritaeas

LOL@3, counting back I count a whole lot more ;) Well, I ditched your frameworks question, because I don't use them. Hardly makes me the right man for the job. Apart from that, I'm more a fan of MVVM than MVC.

LOL. You're right. I kinda lost count! I appreciate you taking your time doing those code snippets! I sometime link those code snippet on other member threads that is related to those database code snippets. So they can follow the format.

But I still have a small list of things I can write about, and always looking for interesting new topics.

I be honest with you it's pretty hard to choose a topic in php to write. I feel it has to be a fresh topic something new but members can used it at the same time.

Right now, I can't think any topic that is fresh.

The list I have contains database snippets for PEAR::MDB2 and SQLite, cUrl (perhaps connecting to my REST API, or W3C validation), PHPMailer (and/or SwiftMailer, PEAR::Mail) is an option, article tagging (already have a thread about that) and perhaps something with OOP/ORM. If I just had more time...

commented: Nice Selection! +0

@pritaeas

The list I have contains database snippets for PEAR::MDB2 and SQLite, cUrl (perhaps connecting to my REST API, or W3C validation), PHPMailer (and/or SwiftMailer, PEAR::Mail) is an option, article tagging (already have a thread about that) and perhaps something with OOP/ORM. If I just had more time...

That is a neat list. I like it. I feel you have used a lot of these before. Then I guess I will be looking forward for these code snippets.

It's good to know thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.