My name is Richard Walker from Australia and my username for this forum is richie513.

I am a self taught web engineer and married with three beautiful children and a loving wife.
I was born and raised in the harsh outback of Australia, and now reside on the beautiful sunny coast of Queensland Australia in a nice suburb of Noosa. I am 28 years old and I must say that I am a real computer geek.

My Hobbies

My number one favorite hobby, well I wouldn't call it a hobby really, rather a full time passion, but it has to be programming. I love learning about technology and nothing thrills me more than learning new technology as it becomes available. There is no greater feeling than creating a project all by your self and then seeing it work exactly the way you programmed it to do. I would have to say that my favorite phase of programming would be a lot of programmers nightmare, and that is debugging. I love this phase because you learn more from it and it helps you to program better. My real hobbies in my spare time are: Golf, watching cricket, Reading and playing my XBox 360 and PS3.

My family

I love spending time with my family on weekends. To me, my family is number one and always will be.

Favorite movies

Wow, there are to many to list.

Things that I would like to do someday.

I would love to be able to travel oversees and see the world. First though, I have to get over my fear of flying lol.

My skills

• HTML
  • XHTML
  • XML
  • CSS
  • PHP5
  • ASP.NET with VB.NET
  • MSSQL
  • MySQL

I am however still a bit rusty with PHP5 and class my self as an intermediate PHP5 programmer. I still have a lot to learn about this language, but I am sure that i will get there lol.

My favorite web language

I would have to say that my favorite language is PHP5, even though I am still learning it, it is a very complex and powerful langauge and seems very easy to learn. I also love the way it interacts with databases like MySQL. The best i love about it is that it is an open source language. This is definitly one language I would like to master.

What brought me to daniweb.com

I have visited a lot of development forums, but none of them are as helpful as you guys.
The responses are quick and and reliable. I also love the fact that I can have the opportunity to help other's out where ever I can, as I from my own experience, searching for answers to issues is not easy and very frustrating. May I say that this site Rocks. You have an absolute great site here daniweb and I would love to see you still in action for many years yet to come.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Welcome! Very nice introduction.

Glad to have you with us!

Hi jasimp and zandiago,

Thank you for the welcome, and I am very glad to be a part of daniweb:)

Hi Richard.. Welcmoe To Daniweb :)
i like your introduction.

Welcome Richie :)

Hi Jx_Man,

Thank you for the welcome. I am glad you like my introduction, after I had wrote it, I thought it might of been to much lol. I like to write a good introduction of my self so that people can have that little bit more of an understanding of who I am:)

Thank you for the welcome ITKnight:)

Welcome to Daniweb Richie!

Thank you nav33n:)

welcome!

Welcome to our community!

Thank you to all of you for the very warm welcome:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.