i would ask that all software developers make programs that work and do the job right the first time and help techies out because half the software in the world is more or less techie support programs.

i also think techies that work on computers should share a close bond with software developers. it is very important for it to all live in harmony like it does when it exists in side of a computer case.

so now this is gonna be the interesting stuff. as a computer techie myself i was reading some of the mike myers book when i thought of an idea of a program.

the following is a list of things i would like the program to do:

READ watt to amps thru the computer screen telling me how much each device takes up in watts and in volts and in amps. maybe make a product that tests there max need of watts like load coverage and minimum coverage of the wattage load. giving people like computer techies the ability to find out more about the amount of watts a computer needs and in particular how much is needed for the system. i dont expect replies back but this is in my opinion a great idea. and i dont know if there is one already out there but reading the chapter about power supplies got me to thinking of this type of program. or it could be that it is just really in the morning and my brain is still not awake.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

To find out how many 'watts' your computer uses, just wack a multimeter between the computer and the poweroutlet and set it to 'current'.
Read what the display says and then multiply that by the voltage in your country. You answer will be poweruse in watts.
P=I.U

i would ask that all software developers make programs that work and do the job right the first time

Oh, well sorry, that goes against our desire to make programs that don't work and do the job wrong, just to laugh at your frustration with it.

i also think techies that work on computers should share a close bond with software developers. it is very important for it to all live in harmony like it does when it exists in side of a computer case.

Your statement above calls into question your desire for harmony.

commented: Haha +8
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.