A chance to put down your money wisdom in writing.

If you can count your money, you are not a very rich man!

Recommended Answers

All 41 Replies

In a world where money is everything, sure.

I don't normally quote scripture, but can't help it this time: "Its easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24) That means: I don't give a rats ass about all that much money. I'm perfectly happy with what I have now.

commented: One of the best posts and quotes since joining DW ;) +3

Never call your broker on Monday.

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the scumbags he gives it to.

A penny save is......

.....not gonna get you very far, unless it's got lots of friends.

commented: Hahaha! +9

Don't buy a Porsche if you can't afford the insurance.

Don't buy a Porsche if you can't afford the insurance.

.....or the speeding tickets.

(Damn, I miss that car. 1969 911T)

Ooh! I had a Carmen Ghia once - the closest i ever got.

I don't normally quote scripture, but can't help it this time: "Its easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24) That means: I don't give a rats ass about all that much money. I'm perfectly happy with what I have now.

Echo that.

May I add this to it?

The modern business ethic seems to be to make as much money as possible, but with little purpose for making that money other than to enhance the wealth and status of those who make it. No wonder Paul the Apostle wrote that “the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil” (1 Timothy 6:10). It isn’t money itself that is evil. Money, like fire or firearms, can be used for good or ill, depending on the character of the person who possesses it. But money can be worshipped with as much fervency as that golden calf in Moses’ time. In Dow we trust!

> If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the scumbags he gives it to.
Indeed, when was the last time you saw a poor and destitute religious leader?

Sure, most of them will claim that it isn't theirs, but they sure bask in the glow of it's close proximity.

commented: Amen. Put your money on the plate please... +12

From the Bible:
"A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answers all things."

Alan Alda:
"It isn't necessary to be rich and famous to be happy. It's only necessary to be rich!"

Alan Alda:
"It isn't necessary to be rich and famous to be happy. It's only necessary to be rich!"

I'm rich. I have more than most people. I've got a wonderful family made up of the three cutest kids I've ever seen and a wife that just adores me. My family is very healthy, I have a career and a job to fill that career, health insurance for my entire family. I love playing with my kids and have the extra time to do so every day.

And here's the kicker, even though I am so rich, I still live a very simple lifestyle. :cool: :cool: :cool:

commented: Yes, you are very very wealthy :) +36
commented: Great portfolio! ;) +9

And here's the kicker, even though I am so rich, I still live a very simple lifestyle. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Now that's the secret to not get taxed on it. Remember, rich people are despised in this country.

Now that's the secret to not get taxed on it. Remember, rich people are despised in this country.

Actually I get tax breaks on my assets. :)

Actually I get tax breaks on my assets. :)

I told you that pretending to be poor when you are rich is the way to go.

I'm rich. I have more than most people. I've got a wonderful family made up of the three cutest kids I've ever seen and a wife that just adores me. My family is very healthy, I have a career and a job to fill that career, health insurance for my entire family. I love playing with my kids and have the extra time to do so every day.

Just like me! Except I have three cats.

Very apropos to the current Wallstreet mess:
"Make money your God and it will plague you like the Devil."

R0bb0b is right, and if you realize the things in life that really make you rich then the riches will just keep coming. I am 27, have a wife and healthy 10 month old son, a decent education, friends, family whom i love and loves me, and all of these are the important things to appreciate.

Sure i could do with some more money. i make a living a that keeps my family fed and roof over our heads with no major bells or whistles but the more you have the more you want. The best thing to do is enjoy what you have and help others enjoy what they have. thats what life is all about.

What really ticks me off are the multi-millionaire/billionaires who would'nt give a cent to help a good cause. Nobody needs that much money.

To the tune "If you spend all your time making love..."

If you spend all your time making money, you might spend all your money doing time..."

Just ask the execs at Fanny Mae, Lehman, Merrill, etc. how they're feeling right now talking to the FBI!!

zeroth

To the tune "If you spend all your time making love..."

If you spend all your time making money, you might spend all your money doing time..."

Just ask the execs at Fanny Mae, Lehman, Merrill, etc. how they're feeling right now talking to the FBI!!

zeroth

Don't worry about those folks, they will get a slap on the wrist at the most. Just like Neil Bush, Charles Keating and John McCain got on the Savings and Loan scandals a few years back.

After the financial panics of 1893 and 1907, the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 was passed. It created the Federal Reserve System as the nation's central bank to regulate the flow of money and credit for economic stability and growth. The system was authorized to issue Federal Reserve Notes, now the only U.S. currency produced.

Play Fedchairperson:
http://www.frbsf.org/education/activities/chairman/index.html

Fed fan-fic

Bernanke reached the central vaults, accessed the Gibson mainframe, and began transmitting the requested files to his distant masters. He didn’t hear the gentle thud on the rooftop, the muffled explosive charges, or the sound of the door opening behind him. But at the last minute some sixth sense kicked in. He spun around just in time to see a golf-ball-sized lump of gold rapidly expanding in his vision. It struck him in the forehead, and he collapsed to the ground like a burlap sack full of scrapple.

Congressman Ron Paul retrieved the gold nugget from the floor and returned it to his satchel. “Try that,” he said, donning his sunglasses, “with a fiat currency.” He spun on his heel, cape swirling behind him, and swept from the room.

Don't worry about those folks, they will get a slap on the wrist at the most. Just like Neil Bush, Charles Keating and John McCain got on the Savings and Loan scandals a few years back.

Remember that turd floats!

Want to become a Dollar Trillionaire?
Move to Zimbabwe where inflation has pushed the Zimbabwean Dollar (ZWD) to the point where it takes more than 1 trillion ZWD to buy a loaf of bread.

Just made the LA news:
A wealthy investor in San Fernando Valley killed his wife, mother, his 3 children and himself with a hand gun, because he lost all his money in the finance crisis.

Sad news, I guess to him money was all!

Which president produced:

1. The highest growth in the gross domestic product?
2. The highest growth in jobs?
3. The biggest increase in personal disposable income after taxes?
4. The highest growth in industrial production?
5. The highest growth in hourly wages?
6. The lowest Misery Index (inflation plus unemployment)?
7. The lowest inflation?
8. The largest reduction in the deficit?

The answers: 1. Harry Truman, 2. Bill Clinton, 3. Lyndon Johnson, 4. John F. Kennedy, 5. Johnson, 6. Truman, 7. Truman, 8. Clinton. In the Economic Sweepstakes, Democratic presidents trounce Republicans eight times out of eight!

If this isn’t enough to destroy the myth that the economy has performed better under Republicans, the stock market has also done better under the Democrats. The Dow Jones Industrial Average during the 20th century has risen 7.3 percent on average per year under Republican presidents. Under Democrats, it rose 10.3 percent – which means investors gained a whopping 41 percent more. And the stock market declined further during George W’s two terms. Moreover, since World War II, Democratic presidents have increased the national debt by an average of 3.7 percent per year and Republican presidents have increased it an average of 10.1 percent. During the same time period, Democratic presidents produced, on average, an unemployment rate of 4.8 percent; Republicans, 6.3 percent. That’s the historical record.

Which president produced:

1. The highest growth in the gross domestic product?
2. The highest growth in jobs?
3. The biggest increase in personal disposable income after taxes?
4. The highest growth in industrial production?
5. The highest growth in hourly wages?
6. The lowest Misery Index (inflation plus unemployment)?
7. The lowest inflation?
8. The largest reduction in the deficit?

The answers: 1. Harry Truman, 2. Bill Clinton, 3. Lyndon Johnson, 4. John F. Kennedy, 5. Johnson, 6. Truman, 7. Truman, 8. Clinton. In the Economic Sweepstakes, Democratic presidents trounce Republicans eight times out of eight!

If this isn’t enough to destroy the myth that the economy has performed better under Republicans, the stock market has also done better under the Democrats. The Dow Jones Industrial Average during the 20th century has risen 7.3 percent on average per year under Republican presidents. Under Democrats, it rose 10.3 percent – which means investors gained a whopping 41 percent more. And the stock market declined further during George W’s two terms. Moreover, since World War II, Democratic presidents have increased the national debt by an average of 3.7 percent per year and Republican presidents have increased it an average of 10.1 percent. During the same time period, Democratic presidents produced, on average, an unemployment rate of 4.8 percent; Republicans, 6.3 percent. That’s the historical record.

Looks like you did your homewrk there!

Now, which presidents won the most wars?

> Now, which presidents won the most wars?
I was thinking "started the most wars", but you got there first ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.