I dont get it. There's a guy in this forum who had been helping me out a lot, but i just cant add to his reputation bcos of this message

"U have to spread ur reputation point before giving it again to *****"

Then I added points to two other's reputation, but still i am getting the same message. Could anyone explain how does this "reputation" thing actually works?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

by default its 5 people, but it might be higher, you just cant spam someones reputaion, that would be unfair :)

commented: number 3, two more to go(sigh) --Asif_NSU +1

You guys should lower down that "default number" of people or find a better way to prevent "spamming" one's reputation. The current rule simply sucks...

I mean, come on, the thing that seems unfair to me is that u cannot add to someones reputation even after u r getting constant help from him/her.

You guys should lower down that "default number" of people or find a better way to prevent "spamming" one's reputation. The current rule simply sucks...

There is no other way. Our rules don't suck. The people that take advantage of what we offer suck. If we went any lower, then you got some scumbag that creates three accounts and repping himself using annonymous proxies. The other forums that I'm a member of have more than five, ranging in the 10's and 20's. The rep feature isn't suppose to be a crucial thing anyways. You can't measure coolness/knowledge by a mere number.

I am not trying to measure "coolness/knowledge" by the reputation points. I am just trying to increase someone's reputation simply to show my gratitude towards him, and that's about it. I dont know of any better ways as how to stop those "scumbags" but I believe that there IS a better way.

The best way to show your gratitude is to PM the member saying they were very helpful. Of course, that's also the most rewarding for the member, as well ;) I know I love to get compliments! Or, when you do give them rep points, add a really nice comment along with your good/bad rating.

how do i add reputaion points to my own forum...

is there a html or css code i can enter into the style sheets?

(im using invisionfree)

Man, yall are still raging on about this? Ha ha, Im out for three months and look what happens.

I agree, this is a bit of an unnecessary argument. I think the rules are fine as they are. You can't please everyone... this is a classic example.

That's twice this thread has been bumped unnecessarily. :rolleyes:

Well, sorry, and I apologize for any inconveniences as well.

Man, yall are still raging on about this? Ha ha, Im out for three months and look what happens.

Because the above post is a full year and 1/2 old, I find

I agree, this is a bit of an unnecessary argument. I think the rules are fine as they are. You can't please everyone... this is a classic example.

to be hilarious :lol:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.