North Korea unabashedly blows up the moon
By Author, Associated Press Writer.
NORTH KOREA – The world thought that North Korea didn’t have the nuclear firepower to hit Japan let alone the moon. They were wrong.

At approximately 11:20 P.M. EST North Korea changed the world forever. Using an advanced space missile that the world has yet to even wrap their mind around, the North Koreans showed of their firepower to the world by hitting the moon.

The launch point of the missile remains unknown although an anonymous source says the government thinks it is Nampo, North Korea.

Preliminary estimates put the explosive power of the nuclear bomb at 10,000 that of the one dropped on Hiroshima.

“This has been the most powerful bomb exploded to date,” stated nuclear weapons expert Noah Cain, “and capable of destroying the entire state of Rhode Island.”

As of 11:30 PM EST the Bush Administration was not available for comment on the explosion, although Jeckma Uji, an aide to the President says the government is still waiting for a response from North Korea.

John Canterbury, a resident of Los Angeles, California, was reported saying, “I was looking at the moon through my telescope when suddenly a huge fiery cloud appeared. I ran inside to pray thinking the world was going to end.”

Experts are saying that the amount of debris and radiation that will reach earth as a result of the explosion will be minimal. However, long term effect of the explosion are yet unknown. Many scientists are saying that the bomb, regardless of its size was unable to change the moons orbit.

An anonymous scientists, however, is expressing his concerns stating, “it [the bomb] could have altered the moon’s orbit by a fraction of an inch which over the course of a couple centuries might cause the moon to crash into Earth.”

It is unknown whether North Korea has a second missile with similar capabilities and how the world will respond if it does.

http://www.yahoobreakingnews.com/news1.html

Guys, I really wanna know if this is true....

Recommended Answers

All 60 Replies

Yup. Looks to be as real as a three dollar bill to me.

Sounds very interesting. So it's fake?

On a google search the only relevant results are all from yahoo. So I really don't believe it myself.

Even with Paris Hilton getting all the media attention I guarantee that if this had happened it would be all over the news.

The source was probably TheOnion.

fake. we would all be dead if the moon blew up

commented: fast thinking. ;) +5

Fake. Can't click on any of the other tabs at the top.

I didn't even realize that.

I pity the werewolves...

commented: what am i gonna do now?!? +1

Vampires: 1 Lichens: 0

naw, I don't think we would all die if the moon blew up.. just most of us ;)

It'd be a nice fourth of July though.

Guys, I really wanna know if this is true....

Nah... I don't believe it.

"This has been the most powerful bomb exploded to date," stated nuclear weapons expert Noah Cain, "and capable of destroying the entire state of Rhode Island."

please do, would make the world a better place :)

Preliminary estimates put the explosive power of the nuclear bomb at 10,000 that of the one dropped on Hiroshima.

220 Megatons. Twice the largest bomb ever designed, 4 times the largest one ever tested (which was a derated version of that 100MT one).
The 50MT Czar bomb was large, very large. The launch aircraft barely got away, in fact was barely able to lift the thing.

The source was probably TheOnion.

Someone's april fool's joke being picked up as news by accident (or not by accident, I don't see a date on that article) is another strong possibility.

Remember a few years ago TV here reported that a new fruit was to hit stores, a cross between an apple and an orange... People flocked to stores to be the first to get it, next day (2 April) the news agency had to apologise...

Not immediately. Would take a while for the tidal effects to change the climate to the point where the earth would be uninhabitable.
Anyway, the article doesn't claim the moon was blown up, just hit with a really big bang.

Wouldn't the moon's pieces hit the Earth and kill a lot of people be4 the tidal effects occurred? Depending on how much of the moon was blown into complete oblivion..

220 Megatons. Twice the largest bomb ever designed, 4 times the largest one ever tested (which was a derated version of that 100MT one).
The 50MT Czar bomb was large, very large. The launch aircraft barely got away, in fact was barely able to lift the thing.

Big boom.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2046393742348211186

"
Whois Info - yahoobreakingnews.com

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com][whois.verisign-grs.com]Whois Server Version 2.0Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registeredwith many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.netfor detailed information. Domain Name: YAHOOBREAKINGNEWS.COM Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC. Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com Name Server: NS49.DOMAINCONTROL.COM Name Server: NS50.DOMAINCONTROL.COM Status: clientDeleteProhibited Status: clientRenewProhibited Status: clientTransferProhibited Status: clientUpdateProhibited Updated Date: 24-may-2007 Creation Date: 24-may-2007 Expiration Date: 24-may-2008>>> Last update of whois database: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:51:15 UTC <<<"some how i don't think yahoo use godaddy.com to purchase their domains lol

haha, they should XD

still, thats a good attempt looks real and alot of work was put into it lol.
how cool would it be if that happend!!

still, thats a good attempt looks real and alot of work was put into it lol.
how cool would it be if that happend!!

you wouldn't think it was so funny if it really happened in your area. Try laughing when your body is nothing more than ratioactive dust particles.

life in adelaide is incredibly boring, it would spice things up, somethin else to watch on the news besides paris
and i dont see how the moon blowing up would turn me into radioactive dust particles either.

I believe the reference was to vitrifying your region with a nuke.

We wouldn't all die bennet! , just the tides would go crazy, and screw with the sea patterns, and make low lying land masses flood.

Actually, the pieces from the moon would hail down upon Earth an kill many people.. the tides would indeed go crazy, and kill many people.. so, no, we wouldn't all die. But many people would.

and make low lying land masses flood.

so its win win for me then ;) did you know that S.E england is sinking and N.W scotland is rising. Also scotland is much higher anyway. That way global warming/nuclear war wouldnt be all that bad as scotland would get warmer which is good as its freezing

haha.. I'm sure the entire british isles would be wiped out by the h2o ;)

dang, i better move if Korea was really to do that.
A waste of a nuke though don't u think?

*North Korea

Kim Jong-il is a psycho, and I'm sure he would do this if he could.. just to kill and cause chaos.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.