The next most important apps are: (2) My Video Camera Software & My VB5.0 Search compiler,
(3) Net Browser, (4) Paint & NotePad, (5) Operating Systems, (6) PrintKey 2000, (7) games,,,
-----------------

Individual preferences may change the above order. The OS will seldom be in #1st place.

With a good backup of their data and this Search; even the most non-technical user
can be in complete control of their PC data. Just like I am.

The entry level computer users, will have better access to their Video, Music, Pictures
and Text, than the Know-It-Alls, at this MicroSoft Web-Site:

http://channel9.msdn.com/showuserthreads.aspx?userid=31672

With this Search and a few short video demos. You'll be well on your way to carefree
fun with your computer.

Those Operating Systems; can do This and That and a lot lot more obscure functions,
that are only of interest, to the Geekiest. For Me: I want to know as little as is
humanly possible, about the OS.

Small wonder these OS Giants; love the never-ending drivel on the Net, about which OS
is Best. (Mac vs Windows), (Linux vs Windows), (Mac vs Linux) .... When in reality;
they are ALL quite insignificant. Buy buy the latest and greatest OS.

SELL your Operating System Company shares FAST!

This Spectate Swamp Search is THE program, that all of Us can make good use of.

http://www.topshareware.com/Spectate-Swamp-Search-download-42932.htm

Recommended Answers

All 31 Replies

Were you born dumb or does it take practice?

commented: Hehe... That made me laugh. +1
commented: haha... He must have practiced quite a bit.. +11

Narue, that truly made me laugh. I need to up your rep for that... That just made my day.

>>Were you born dumb or does it take practice?

You win dear sir

>Those Operating Systems; can do This and That and a lot lot more obscure functions,
that are only of interest, to the Geekiest. For Me: I want to know as little as is

I never met a person who considered stupidity a virtue. Well live and learn I guess...

Indeed, who doesn't want to know about their OS?

Stupidity = Good now? Welcome to America

well, if the OS does what it's supposed to do you shouldn't have to bother too much with it...
It should effectively be transparent, enabling interaction with applications without being obviously there.

>well, if the OS does what it's supposed to do you shouldn't have to bother too much with it...
It should effectively be transparent, enabling interaction with applications without being obviously there.

Does this mean you should want to nothing about it?

>well, if the OS does what it's supposed to do you shouldn't have to bother too much with it...

Does this mean you should want to nothing about it?

For the average user, yes. Most people want an OS that "just works"

Were you born dumb or does it take practice?

Narue, you're a cruel and harsh person. How dare you suggest that it takes him practice to be dumb?!! He obviously possesses this natural ability of being dumb, as demonstrated in these threads:
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=250823
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=178588
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic2/483185
http://forum.videohelp.com/topic291143.html

Wow. Reread his post again.

With all of the grammar and spelling mistakes, the post makes absolutely no sense. The paragraphs have nothing to do with one another...

Uhh, would you care to rewrite it?

For the average user, yes. Most people want an OS that "just works"

Not just the average user. As a poweruser too I don't want the OS to get in my way.
I do want the ability to tweak and tune it, but I want it to get out my hair so I can get on with the business of doing my thing.

So it should be transparent unless and until I decide I want to see what it's doing, it shouldn't force me (like Linux does way too much) to care about every nitty gritty detail of its operation almost all the time.

Ugh, what a moron.

commented: WOW! Toba actually made a post... :D +12

>So it should be transparent unless and until I decide I want to see what
>it's doing, it shouldn't force me (like Linux does way too much) to care
>about every nitty gritty detail of its operation almost all the time.
So you don't mind if I replace your OS with one that I choose as long as you can install a glorified video search tool? :S

>Wow. Reread his post again.

>With all of the grammar and spelling mistakes, the post makes absolutely no sense. The paragraphs have nothing to do with one another...

>Uhh, would you care to rewrite it?

No because i didn't understand a word of it.

Ugh, what a moron.

hahaa.. Was that your post for the year? ;)

Forget the OS: Mac, Linux, Windows, ?,,, It's the Desktop Search stupid!

The next most important apps are: (2) My Video Camera Software & My VB5.0 Search compiler,
(3) Net Browser, (4) Paint & NotePad, (5) Operating Systems, (6) PrintKey 2000, (7) games,,,
-----------------

Individual preferences may change the above order. The OS will seldom be in #1st place.

With a good backup of their data and this Search; even the most non-technical user
can be in complete control of their PC data. Just like I am.

The entry level computer users, will have better access to their Video, Music, Pictures
and Text, than the Know-It-Alls, at this MicroSoft Web-Site:

http://channel9.msdn.com/showuserthr...x?userid=31672

With this Search and a few short video demos. You'll be well on your way to carefree
fun with your computer.

Those Operating Systems; can do This and That and a lot lot more obscure functions,

Small wonder these OS Giants; love the never-ending drivel on the Net, about which OS
is Best. (Mac vs Windows), (Linux vs Windows), (Mac vs Linux) .... When in reality;
they are ALL quite insignificant. Buy buy the latest and greatest OS.

SELL your Operating System Company shares FAST!

This Spectate Swamp Search is THE program, that all of Us can make good use of.

http://www.topshareware.com/Spectate...load-42932.htm

Translation:

Forget your OS's, the desktop search (which surely requires an OS?) *presumably is the most important*.
The next most important apps are:
(2) My Video Camera Software & My VB5.0 Search compiler
(3) Net Browser
(4) Paint & NotePad
(5) Operating Systems
(6) PrintKey 2000
(7) games (Specific eh?)

Individual preferences may change the above order. The OS will seldom be in #1st place. (Well without it, you won't get to far in that list). Operating Systems can do this and that and a lot lot more obscure functions that may only be of interest to the geekiest . For Me: I want to know as little as is humanly possible about the OS.

Small wonder these OS Giants love the never-ending drivel on the Net, about which OS is best. (Mac vs Windows), (Linux vs Windows), (Mac vs Linux) .... When in reality they are ALL quite insignificant. Buy buy the latest and greatest OS. (advertise the OS after trashing it?) SELL your Operating System Company shares FAST! (after being told to by an OS???)

This Spectate Swamp Search is THE program, that all of us can make good use of. With a good backup of their data and this search, even the most non-technical user can be in complete control of their PC data. Just like I am. (possibly, but i'm not clicking it)

http://www.topshareware.com/Spectate...load-42932.htm

With this search and a few short video demos to help you start. You'll be well on your way to carefree fun with your computer. (carefree fun? Whatever next!)

The average user will have better access to their documents than a person who is computer literate, by using this MicroSoft Web-Site:

http://channel9.msdn.com/showuserthr...x?userid=31672

hope that helps, at least in organisation. btw i do not endorse anything i typed above, other than my bracket comments :)

haha.. nice translation..

All I have to say is, closed-source OS manufacturers will be around for a long time.. as long as there are newbie tech people who want nothing to do with computers except performing simple, trivial tasks with as little effort as possible, linux will NOT take over. And btw, Microsoft's stock is not falling anytime soon.. and Apple's will not stop rising for a while (As much as I hate to say it).

>>haha.. nice translation..
*takes a bow*

;)

Linux is not windows. Most Linux users are not trying to replace all Windows boxes. We have our freedom, and are better off for it. So Josh, it does not matter that Linux will not replace Windows.

http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm

Yea.. um, I knew that linux was not windows.. I'm just saying that the open source and GNU movements will not accomplish much until the majority of the population actually use an open source OS. I, for one, would rather the software industry focus more on linux.. and work on converting Windows users into linux users.. However, this is certainly no easy task =p

You still don't understand. What I'm saying is that it HAS accomplished its goal. There is no problem of 'not accomplishing much'. Do you know what I am trying to say now?

It HAS NOT accomplished its goal. Sure there are plenty of open source programs, and programs under the GNU license agreement.. but, most people still rely on proprietary software. The goal was to eliminate the need for hiding source code. Programs are just like entries in an encyclopedia. If you have a closed source code then no one benefits.. the data gets outdated (metaphor= any old encyclopedia). However, if you open the source code to everyone (Wikipedia), then the program is always expanding, adding information, and updating itself without much work. The open source movement relies on the programmers to keep it going. So far, it has done rather well.. But, it is far from the long-term goal of taking over the entire industry. Once the majority of the people are using open source OS, open source programs, etc. then they will have accomplished it.

You're not getting it. You've assumed that you know the goals of the majority of the open source movement, which I don't think you do. Those may well be YOUR goals in open source, but they aren't everyone's. Unless you have something actually new to post, that's all I have to say on the matter.

And you do know the goals to the open source movement? If so, then please link me to where these are located.. as I did not know they came up with their own mission statement and outlined goals.

Bull crap.. they outline no long-term goals whatsoever.. The manifesto has been edited anyway since it was released..

Sorry about the spelling and poor grammer but I
think you got my point.

The OS is far from being the most important app for average users.

>The OS is far from being the most important app for average users.
Because average users typically don't even know what an operating system does. This is hardly an argument for selling your search tool.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.