England 1st innings:198 all out
India 1st innings:481 all out
England 2nd innings:355 al out
India 2nd innings:10 without loss

India need another 63 runs to win........
England looking down and out....first time this summer after a bad luck draw in the first test........
Whatsay.........

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

Party time for team India and fans.

not yet......
the series is not won as yet......
still a long ay to go.....

I reckon, If the Indians continue to eat delicious curry and rice, they will win the test match against England

My prediction

INDIA is going to win the test as well as the series.

Make sure the indians eat good hot curry so they can blast the fart to the Englsih mens nose and win the series

two things.

firstly. there are still two tests left to play.

secondly. i am not that surprised at england's collapses. they have done that before.

This is the first nail in the english coffin.

I told you .

Cricket? Is it anything like golf? To my knowledge no one plays cricket here in USA.

>Cricket? Is it anything like golf?
no. it is like baseball with key differences

>To my knowledge no one plays cricket here in USA.
No. The closest country to USA which plays it is West India. The world cup was there earlier this year. other countries include australia( world champions ), the entire asian sub continent ( i.e. pakistan, india etc ), england and south africa.

Differences between baseball and cricket:

No three strikes you are out. The bowler( akin to pitcher ) has to hit your wickets when you bat. there are other ways to be out too but that is the equavalent of the three strikes. We call it being bowled clean.

Two batsmen must always be in. when only one batsman is left the team is out.

Ball can be hit in any direction. In fact shots played behind and to the side ( i.e. third man ) are favourites in cricket.

But to best of my knowledge USA also has a national cricket team and they participated around last year in a tournament.

Less recognition that a Jamaican bobsled team, I'd bet.

Yes they are not qualified to particepate in the world cup and even don't have the status of a Oneday International playing team.

Actually US cricket team's first captain was a retired west indies player.....
but they are tring to get into it.....
may be we can see them in the next world cup....

They are yet to qualify for that.

two things.

firstly. there are still two tests left to play.

there is only one more test left to play.....(its a three match test series)

secondly. i am not that surprised at england's collapses. they have done that before.

YEAH its their maim problem....
they have such a good batting line up and good aggressive bowlers...
but they all do not click at the same time... always.... just like india.....
on the other hand aussies are masters at that......
But still i am a big fan of english cricket....and hope IAN BELL finds some form.....

As a matter of fact...at FSU, in florida there is a cricket team....What happened to Mulitheran? Did they still have a problem with his bowling technique?

The USA shouldn't feel too bad. There are lots of countries that don't have a cricket team. Let's say Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Upper Volta, Lichtenstein, Albania, Syria, Panama etc.

no the USA should not feel bad. they have their own sports and baseball is the cricket equivalent.

but the problem is that the USA can never really play sport against the rest of the world. not enough americans has an interest in rugby, cricket or soccer. the USA has competent rugby and soccer teams despite having only a fraction of their people interested in it.

if more americns develop an interest in these sports then the USA might become a real competitor on the world stage.

of course the USA can always say that we should learn their sports but i dont think the entire world will comply with that. small groups of people in my own country play USA sports but the majority are into soccer, cricket and rugby in that order. roughly similar applies to the rest of the world.

Is it true that England holds a cricket match when they are in a great need for rain?

Baseball is hot in Japan and most of Central America too. Football looks like a harmless war and might be something more strictly North American.

Is it true that England holds a cricket match when they are in a great need for rain?

i doubt it. firstly england has never really known drought. secondly cricket matches are scheduled some time in advance.

Now, if they could only combine cricket and rugby, that would be a sport to watch! Might call the new sport "rucket".

Hey, 250 post, and all good quality too! One quarter to my star!

Football looks like a harmless war and might be something more strictly North American.

Rugby is a lot more like a war than football is. Football plays only last about 45 seconds and then there is about 40 seconds in between each play. People are not seriously injured a lot anyways. From what I have heard rugby is a lot more intense.

Now, if they could only combine cricket and rugby, that would be a sport to watch! Might call the new sport "rucket".

Hey, 250 post, and all good quality too! One quarter to my star!

australia has this realy weird form of rugby which looks like a combination of rugby, basketball and a few other sports. apparently it is very demanding and requires great fitness.

It is not true that the English invented cricket as a way of making all other human endeavours look interesting and lively; that was merely an unintended side effect.

I listened to a BeeB sports review of a cricket game - it was amazing, I knew every word that the commentator said but I did not understand a single thing - I know that is true of any deeply sports oriented talk but it just amazed me!

INDIA vs PAKISTHAN ,2nd test gonna start tommorrow..

Here I though that cricket was a dark-colored, leaping, orthopteran insect with long antennae, making chirping noises.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.