chris_j_haines 0 Light Poster

Hi,

I have managed to get a couple of friends asking me to design sites for them, I have experience in web development from when I did my project at university but I have become rusty.

I used to use webmonkey for many of my tutorials but I find that the tutorials on there are good but not as up to date as they could be.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest good sites where they show you how to design websites particularly layouts. I would also like some advice on the best technique for designing layouts. I have used DIV layouts although I find with IE these display differently than Firefox.

I have no graphic software experience either and I would like some advice on how I can get into learning this aspect of website design I have not graphics packages apart from paint.

I know I am asking alot but I am looking to get up to date with my web development skills up to date

Thanks
Chris

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.