mouse is ok was just set to fast on dclick , funny i never checked that, thanks for the sugestion lol

THANK YOU JHOLLAND1964 AND GERBIL FOR ALL OF UR HELP!!!! might there be someone that could suggest anything else that might help me load faster at start up?

Exactly HOW long does start up take? Shut down, turn it back on and time it out. Let us know.
Did you go through each program I listed and turn off the auto start? msconfig is NOT the way to turn off auto-starting programs, it is meant as a trouble shooting tool only. You will have to go through the settings for each program listed in the programs themselves.

so go through my add remove program list and find each program and go to the settings for each program and select not to auto start? how bout the ones u listed how do i find them, do i do a search for those?

so go through my add remove program list and find each program and go to the settings for each program and select not to auto start? how bout the ones u listed how do i find them, do i do a search for those?

No, you wouldn't go through Add/Remove...that is where you would actually REMOVE the programs from the computer.
You would have to go to each program file, found in
C:\Program Files and look for each folder for the specific folder. Changing the start up preferences for each program noted. Not all will be located in exactly the same place within each program, you will have to look for them.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\
C:\Program Files (x86)\ScanSoft\
C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 8.0\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\

Or you could get this tool, Autoruns, from:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx
When it starts it will open in the window you want [the Logon tab]. Just uncheck the ones Judy has listed above.
Be careful with it... don't uncheck anything else. You can prevent pgms that are essential for startup from starting!

I timed my start up time started 8:18am and 48 sec and when it finally started showing my task bar it was 8:18am and 43 sec, will try that autorun program and see how that goes it just seems easier this way, ty.

I timed my start up time started 8:18am and 48 sec and when it finally started showing my task bar it was 8:18am and 43 sec, will try that autorun program and see how that goes it just seems easier this way, ty.

Somewhat confusing here....According to what you have written above it shows the start up completed 5 seconds before you began it...can you check it again?

sorry bout that 8:15am 48sec to 8:18am 43sec

SLightly under 3 minutes isn't terribly long really. Not as fast as one would like it I'm sure. Also depends on how much RAM, and the processor in addition of course to what is starting with the computer.
Did you try stopping those services which are NOT Microsoft just to see if that speeds things up? Open msconfig, go to Services, put a check mark in Hide Microsoft Services and then when those are hidden take the checkmarks out of those remaining. Reboot see how fast it is. Then go back in and put the checkmarks back one at a time and reboot. Adding a new one each time. You would see what services may be slowing things down. Lots of Roxio stuff there I see, some may be needed I am not certain.

ill try to get that done soon as i can im a bit pressed for time at the moment cus i over booked my hours at work, also i have 4gb ram i have an intel (R) core (TM) 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

You might take a look at the list available here.
It gives some insights and suggestions on proper settings for Vista 64bit systems to maybe help speed boot time somwhat, also Here. This guy is usually pretty "right on". But remember to consider what is on your system, what you want running, etc. His suggestions are only that, suggestions.

will do ty prolly on weekend after last shift i should have some time, anyother suggestions are always welcome, tyty

will do ty prolly on weekend after last shift i should have some time, anyother suggestions are always welcome, tyty

Those would be the only suggestions probably anybody would have, your computer specs are very good so what has to be slowing things would be the unnecessary auto starting programs and services. Stopping those unnecessary auto starting programs that I noted earlier, which can very easily and quickly be run manually when you want to use them, having those run for convenience really is all it is and they DO slow the boot time of the computer without a doubt because they don't boot together they each would start up one at a time and then when they are finished starting up the boot process would be complete. Plus having those run all the time in the background consumes resources can then slow the actual running of the computer Then stopping the unnecessary services noted in the link I posted in my last post to you.
Other than that there really are no other suggestions except maybe change anti-virus programs. Norton/Symantec is a known resource hog and it does also slow boot time too.

check it from thsi url no thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.