Hello,

Right now i am running SQL 2005 server and using Visual studio C# 2008 to program. I sadly have a Windows Vista professional, 320gbhd, 2gb ram, intel duel core processor, The problem is on C# you can attach a database to your program to retrive or import information from the user to the database and have C# make a nice gui interface to interact with which i am trying to do, however the steps i am taking in C# is column called data, add data source, choose type, SQL, browse to the MDF file or database, attach it but when i click ok, it thinks or gives me the hour glass then it finally says An error has occured while establing a connection to the server. when connecting to sql 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under default settings sql does not allot remote connection." i checked the management and area configuration and checked remote and local settings enabled everything except via on protocal and remote connections, made sure it allows local and remote connections and still the same error message, i have administrative rights on this pc, everything is all local, what am i doing wrong?

Right click on Visual Studio and select run as administrator

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.