kairoland 0 Newbie Poster

I'm adding an extension to my Wiki - or, at least trying to. I'll reiterate, I'm using Mediawiki. For the most part I can figure things out on my own but I've rarely used MySQL other than making databases for CMS and forums. I've completely new to creating tables and queries and so most of it is over my head for now.

You can see the code at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Infobox_Data_Capture.

I've updated my LocalSettings.php file and added the InfoboxData.php file into the correct folder - that stuff is all good. I found a decent tutorial about how to either make a table using the tools in PHPMyAdmin or to run a MySQL query to create it. In the Mediawiki article, as you can see, they have the query on the page, but what seems weird to me is the table name.

CREATE TABLE  {{{Schema}}}.`{{{tag}}}_infoboxdata` (
  `ib_from` int(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `ib_datablock_order` int(11) NOT NULL default '7',
  `ib_datablock_name` varbinary(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `ib_attribute_order` int(11) NOT NULL default '7',
  `ib_attribute` varbinary(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `ib_value` blob,
  `ib_isvalid` int(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
  `ib_comment` blob,
  KEY `ib_from` (`ib_from`,`ib_datablock_order`,`ib_datablock_name`,`ib_attribute`),
  KEY `ib_datablock_name` (`ib_datablock_name`,`ib_from`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=binary;

Is the period a php concatenation? The curly brackets are fairly common in the wiki code, but is that normal for MySQL? Part of me thinks it's a place holder possibly, but the Mediawiki article is devoid of any useful help. Often times I feel like they inherently expect you to just know this stuff.

Either way, I tried it out and get this error:
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{{{Schema}}}.`{{{tag}}}_infoboxdata` ( `ib_from` int(8) unsigned NOT NULL def' at line 1

Considering it doesn't seem to like the table name, from what I can gather, I was hoping if anyone here might be able to shed some light on the matter.

Thanks in advance!