am new in java and am rtying to code a program for lotto punters which generate as many numbers of 6 as the user request

I'm working on the same project right now. I have mine about 80% complete, though i'm stuck on one part. My lottery numbers generated come out strange. For example: if i enter 2 for two tickets, then my program will display 2 tickets but only with two numbers at the begining of the six that are greater that zero:
EX: 7 16 0 0 0 0
1 5 0 0 0 0
I have no idea why but may have if fixed by tomorrow. I will check back tomorrow and maybe we can fix one anothers programs.

Here is where my problem is:

//print the tickets in the array
        for (int row = 0; row < ticketArray.length; row++) {
            for (int column = 0; column < ticketArray[row].length; column++) {
                System.out.print(ticketArray[row][column] + " ");
            }
            System.out.println();

Hi I'm doing a college assignment called Lotto Number Comparison Tool. The program should accept two lotto number lines and then check each one against the winning numbers entered by the user and outputting the numbers that match. I'm required to use a class called Convertor with method toIntArray. I have a basic draft made out but would appreciate any help with it!!

hey megaton,

welcome to the DaniWeb community.
having made a basic draft already, that's a good start. not showing us the code, and not telling us what it is you need help with, well, that really doesn't make it easy on us to help you out.

but now, what you really need to look after: if you have a question, start a new thread, don't post it in someone elses, because, no matter how much the errors "look" the same, or the applications you make are similar, this doesn't mean your problem has anything to do with the other person's. actually, mostly, you will find out that those two have nothing in common.

also: don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for years. it will just annoy some users who might (just out of spite) refuse to answer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.