Jiropole 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,

I'm new to Mac development, and for my first project stuck with Objective C only. In the interest of creating portable code, I'm now building non-GUI elements as C++ classes, which has gone alright but now I'm trying to compile a large, existing C++ library (STK audio kit) and having all kinds of errors I wouldn't expect from a C++ compiler.

The file extensions are .cpp which I understand should work for pure C++ stuff. But I get tons of errors when I compile it. Any subclass which tries to override a superclass method generates an error "redefinition of parameter '<functionName>'." I'm wondering if I need to do something special to enable true C++ compilation. Many of the errors seem to have nothing to do with the code location indicated.

This may be a clue: the entire library seems to compile if I'm not including or using it yet. All the output files are created properly. But once I include the library and try to use it: compiler errors galore, and very hard to tell where the root problems occur - resulting in 543 errors many of which are redundant.

Any pointers are appreciated!

Thanks,
Jiro

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.