Anyone can help me?
I'm doing my final year project.
I need source code for my project.
I need to know how can i link my Ms access to my project..using OLEdb and Odbc..I need to do log in page(login.aspx) but i dunoe how to type the coding.anyone here can tell me? and also..i need to know how to link to my registration.aspx..it is like to update my Ms access..the problem is i dunoe how to link..

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Msaccess connectivity

okey Here v go...

1.You make a connection to the database, run a Command (e.g. a SQL Query) and put the returning data into a DataReader if you just want to look at it, or a DataAdapter. You then invoke a method against the DataAdapter to fill a DataSet, which you can then manipulate just like a database table so that you can read, edit, add, and delete, then you return the data via the DataAdapter which automatically takes care of making sure that all your changes are returned to the Database, it can even warn you about data concurrency problems. The great thing about this is that whilst you are doing all this it is not necessary to maintain a constant connection with the Database, you only need to connect for the times when data actually moves in and out of your DataAdapter.

For some specific code for a connection to an Access DB have a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskcreatingconnectiontoaccessdatabase.asp

2.If you wanna login page ....Just follow this link...Its very nicely explained

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/printthread.php?t=6028

3.Inorder to update a database...
Follow this method...
1.Import the database object by using

Imports System.Data.OleDb

Dim strConn As String
Dim strSQL As String
Dim Conn As OleDb.OleDbConnection
Dim cmd As OleDb.OleDbCommand

strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=C:\db1.mdb"
strSQL = "insert into db1(name,desc) values( '" & TextBox1.Text &
"', '" & TextBox2.Text & "')"

Conn = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(strConn)

Conn.Open()

cmd = New OleDb.OleDbCommand(strSQL, Conn)
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
Conn.Close()

the problem is i dun use SQL..i'm using ODBC.

What do you mean by "I need to know how can i link my Ms access to my project..using OLEdb and Odbc.."

What do you mean by "I need to know how can i link my Ms access to my project..using OLEdb and Odbc.."

i need to use Odbc or Oledb dataadapter/connection/command etc..to link my Ms access to my project..
as i'm doing store inventory and management system

I have explained you the Oledb connectivity ,Oledb command in previous post..

Just take a look at the Update function...

Hope this helps...

I have explained you the Oledb connectivity ,Oledb command in previous post..

Just take a look at the Update function...

Hope this helps...

Thank!Anyway..I switched my program to vb.net..window forms..instead of asp.net..Thank for your help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.