good day everyone! how can i distribute the exe application w/o using package and deployment wizard? i just made it executable. the problem is the the database path changes because i did not use the App.Path. I know how to use App.Path using ADODB, but with ADO Data Control, you can only set by means of setting the properties at design time (such as C:\Documents and Settings\Arvin\My Documents\My Files). Of course, if I distribute the exe, the specified path will no longer be the path. Or is it possible with App.Path. Any idea on how to solve this issue. Thank you for responses.

good day everyone! how can i distribute the exe application w/o using package and deployment wizard?

You can't.

i just made it executable. the problem is the the database path changes because i did not use the App.Path. I know how to use App.Path using ADODB, but with ADO Data Control, you can only set by means of setting the properties at design time (such as C:\Documents and Settings\Arvin\My Documents\My Files).

Yes you can set the properties of the ADODC in code. Just use the name of the ADODC (ADODC1) . (dot) the same property name that is in the property window = the setting you have.

Of course, if I distribute the exe, the specified path will no longer be the path. Or is it possible with App.Path. Any idea on how to solve this issue. Thank you for responses.

If the database is meant for single user then you can use the app.path method or if you want you can use the common dialog to allow the user to navigate to the database to select it.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.