:( There is a programming question. This is searching program. there is a string array. In this string array ther is a sentence. I get a word from the user . When the user's word is match with the sentence that is in the string , a message will appear ( found!!) and the number of count else (Not found!!).
My coding:
main()
{
int count ;
char st1[80];
char st[80]={ ncc education examination ncc ncc ncc education};
cout<< "Enter a word to be search";
cin>> st[];
{

}
How can I contiue write this program.Please continue write this program. Help me!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

do you have a specific question besides how do I do my assignment? we are not here to do student's homeworks but to help out in specific areas...

you are not usign strings, you are usign char, but more specifically a char array
to do your assignment check to see if the first character of the user char equals the first character of the item you are trying to match, if it is then move onto the next char, if you find even a single item that does not match then it is not equal... there is the psuedocode for the assignment

:( There is a programming question. This is searching program. there is a string array. In this string array ther is a sentence. I get a word from the user . When the user's word is match with the sentence that is in the string , a message will appear ( found!!) and the number of count else (Not found!!).
My coding:

main()
{
    int count ;
    char st1[80];
    cin>> st[];
    {    

}

How can I contiue write this program.Please continue write this program. Help me!

There is a programming question. This is searching program. there is a string array. In this string array ther is a sentence. I get a word from the user . When the user's word is match with the sentence that is in the string , a message will appear ( found!!) and the number of count else (Not found!!).
My coding:

main()
{
int count ;
char st1[80],st2[80];
cin>> st[];
int i=0;
{ 

while(st[i]!='/0')
   {   st3[i]=st1[i];
       st3++;
        while((isspace(st[i])))
         if( stcmp(st1,st3));
       count++;
          {cout<< "found";}
       else {cout<<"Not fjound!!";}
       }
        st1[i]++;
       }
}

<< moderator edit: added [code][/code] tags >>

Please test this program is wrong or true .If in this program have a little wrong please correct it .

There is a programming question. This is searching program. there is a string array. In this string array ther is a sentence. I get a word from the user . When the user's word is match with the sentence that is in the string , a message will appear ( found!!) and the number of count else (Not found!!).
My coding:

main()
{
int count ;
char st1[80],st2[80];
cin>> st[];
int i=0;
{ 

while(st[i]!='/0')
   {   st3[i]=st1[i];
       st3++;
        while((isspace(st[i])))
         if( stcmp(st1,st3));
       count++;
          {cout<< "found";}
       else {cout<<"Not fjound!!";}
       }
        st1[i]++;
       }
}

<< moderator edit: added [code][/code] tags >>

Please test this program is wrong or true .If in this program have a little wrong please correct it .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.