Need help with vb 2008 express code to copy value from form1, textbox1, then paste it to all the records in access db ,table1, field 1. I know there must be 50 ways to skin this cat however its kicking my butt. Thanks

sknake commented: stop messaging me -3

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You mean issue an update query to the database?

Update Table set Field= <textbox.Text>

Please don't private message about a thread. I will read it.

Thanks for the reply. However I dont know if what you suggested will work . I have a button on the form and thought I would use it to execute the code to copy the value from textbox 1 to the access db table/records/field. I have read numerous threads on numerous forums and tried their solutions but none have worked. I know its just a line or two or three of code I need. It would seem that I would have to dim a variable for the textbox. assign it a value, then open the db table and write the value to each record/field untill eof. I do not know how to write that or do that in vb 2008 express.

Thanks for the reply however I don't think that will doit for me. I have numerours records in table 1 that need to have the value of textbox 1 entered in to field 1 of each record. Also do I need to dim a varible for textbox 1, assign it a value, open or bind to the access db/table and then write the value in field 1 for each record until eof. Then close the db...I need help from cradle to grave on this one. Vb 2008 express has me lost in space. I would reallly appreciate it if you could give me the 2 or 3 lines of code todo this or if you could explain the steps I need to figure out from start to finish that would work too. Thanks

You mean issue an update query to the database?

Update Table set Field= <textbox.Text>

Please don't private message about a thread. I will read it.

what would this be in visual basic 2008 code. remember I am using MS Access as my db. Also what code would have to come before an after this statement/line of code?

What have you tried so far?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.