Need help with vb 2008 express code to copy value from form1, textbox1, then paste it to all the records in access db ,table1, field 1. I know there must be 50 ways to skin this cat however its kicking my butt. Thanks

Comments
stop messaging me

You mean issue an update query to the database?

Update Table set Field= <textbox.Text>

Please don't private message about a thread. I will read it.

Thanks for the reply. However I dont know if what you suggested will work . I have a button on the form and thought I would use it to execute the code to copy the value from textbox 1 to the access db table/records/field. I have read numerous threads on numerous forums and tried their solutions but none have worked. I know its just a line or two or three of code I need. It would seem that I would have to dim a variable for the textbox. assign it a value, then open the db table and write the value to each record/field untill eof. I do not know how to write that or do that in vb 2008 express.

Thanks for the reply however I don't think that will doit for me. I have numerours records in table 1 that need to have the value of textbox 1 entered in to field 1 of each record. Also do I need to dim a varible for textbox 1, assign it a value, open or bind to the access db/table and then write the value in field 1 for each record until eof. Then close the db...I need help from cradle to grave on this one. Vb 2008 express has me lost in space. I would reallly appreciate it if you could give me the 2 or 3 lines of code todo this or if you could explain the steps I need to figure out from start to finish that would work too. Thanks

You mean issue an update query to the database?

Update Table set Field= <textbox.Text>

Please don't private message about a thread. I will read it.

what would this be in visual basic 2008 code. remember I am using MS Access as my db. Also what code would have to come before an after this statement/line of code?

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.