Hi Friends,
I want to write a MP3 player with minimum GUI for Linux (Fedora)
I dont know where to start with
I have knowledge of C/C++ programming, but not much knowledge of creating a GUI. I use Eclipse. I want to write for KDE.
Can you please guide me showing the way to start with (Any tutorial, Website etc)
Thanks for your Help.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi Friends,
I want to write a MP3 player with minimum GUI for Linux (Fedora)
I dont know where to start with
I have knowledge of C/C++ programming, but not much knowledge of creating a GUI. I use Eclipse. I want to write for KDE.
Can you please guide me showing the way to start with (Any tutorial, Website etc)
Thanks for your Help.

KDE already has an mp3 player... http://amarok.kde.org/

Hi
Yes I know that
I use XMMS
I wanted to write for the sake of learning, so that I can get an experience in writing GUI's.

Hi
Yes I know that
I use XMMS
I wanted to write for the sake of learning, so that I can get an experience in writing GUI's.

Why not program something useful then?

I am still a beginner
After I get a good hold of the programming skills in GUI, I would like to move on to the next stage

Damn I hate kde :)

anyway tutorials.

Good luck with it. Plus in all seriousness linux has no GOOD media players :)

Damn I hate kde :)

anyway tutorials.

Good luck with it. Plus in all seriousness linux has no GOOD media players :)

I like KDE, myself. And... if what you mean by "no GOOD media players" is "no media player that can adequately support closed propietary file formats that should have been allowed to exist", you're right. I think it's pretty messed up that the Windows world can idlely except such a monstrous concept.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.