sdmcnitt 0 Newbie Poster

Hope I chose the correct forum.

I have a dataset object with one table that comes to me from a common custom component's GetDS method. I need to pass XML to another process (chunked as byte array). I have it all working but the XML is missing some attributes that the consuming process expects.

I use the GetXML method to serialize to XML that looks like the following:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?> 
<FooUpload>
  <Foo>
  <FooMasterID>483</FooMasterID> 
  <Country>27</Country> 
  <PaymentCode>ANN</PaymentCode> 
  <Amount>132</Amount> 
  <PaidDate>2012-12-31 00:00:00</PaidDate> 
  <PaidBy>FooServices</PaidBy> 
  </Foo>
</FooUpload>

The calling process expects

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> 
<FooUpload ClientCode="FOOO" RecordCount="1" CreateDate="2008-12-09T15:02:18.920" CreateUser="valli">
  <Foo>
  <FooMasterID>483</FooMasterID> 
  <Country>27</Country> 
  <PaymentCode>ANN</PaymentCode> 
  <Amount>132</Amount> 
  <PaidDate>2012-12-31 00:00:00</PaidDate> 
  <PaidBy>FooServices</PaidBy> 
  </Foo>
</FooUpload>

Note the attributes on the FooUpload element. This node is the name of the DataTable in the DataSet.

I have searched for how to control the XMLSerializer and find lots of examples for custom objects. I even found examples of setting the column mapping to be MappingType.Attribute which is close (not a column "node").

I feel that I am close and if I do not find a more elegant solution I will have to create a hack like looping and spitting out changed string plus rest of the XML.

Thanks in advance (fingers crossed)!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.