green_leav 6 Newbie Poster

Hello everyone....this time a have a competition program that I want ur help but this time i just want from u answers to some problems that i faced when i was working on it :

this is the program:

Mail merge is a software function describing the production of multiple (and potentially
large numbers of) documents from a single template form and a structured data source.
This helps to create personalized letters and pre-addressed envelopes or mailing labels for
mass mailings from a word processing document which contains fixed text, which will be
the same in each output document, and variables, which act as placeholders that are
replaced by text from the data source. The data source is typically a spreadsheet or a
database which has a field or column matching each variable in the template. When the
mail merge is run, the word processing system creates an output document for each row
in the database, using the fixed text exactly as it appears in the template, but substituting
the data variables in the template with the values from the matching columns.
This technique of merging data to create mailshots gave rise to the term mail merge.
As a part of the competition that will take place at the end of February, you have to
implement the mail merge software that is able to:
1. Read the students’ records and saves them to a file.
2. Search for any record and generate a file that contains the student’s record
(Transcript).
3. Add a student record to the file in its corresponding place.
4. Execute the mail merge to generate the students’ transcripts. You have to follow
the same steps as above. To read the students data from a file and to generate
different files (Transcripts).
5. Sort all the records in descending or ascending order.
Note: You can use .dat and .txt files. You will have extra points if you can do it using .xls
and .doc files.

the questions are:
1- according to question 3 , i first of all made a dynamic array in order to be the size as much as the number of students the user will enter, my question is : how can i add a new student to the array that has already a certain size? My idea was to make another dynamic array which its size is the number of new students the user will add plus the munber of the previous students that has been added before, then i will ask the user to enter thier records and finally to copy the records of the previous students, but the problem is : if the user wants to add another students again, i have to put the new array in a for loop but could the size of the array change again? and what will happen to the data that have been saved in the new array?

2- according to the bonus points, how can i let the program reads from a .doc file and to save them in an .xls file in a neat form that replaces each data in a column and in its corresponding place?

Please reply to me as soon as possible and thanks for anyone who can help me

bye

Fbody commented: starting an identical thread when the first one doesn't work is not cool +0
WaltP commented: With the plethora of double posts lately this was obviously a DaniWeb glitch +9