I'm a complete and utter noob to VB so I sorta bit off more than I could chew with this little project.

I'm not so sure how to create a calendar. But I have sort of designed it already. I'm planning on making the layout with labels and maybe tooltip the info stored on the date pointed at. It sounds like a terrible design but I actually know very little about this PL. I'm more of a Turbo C kind and very new to VB and VFP.

Hope I dun get killed by postying this though. ^^' Please be gentle with me...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Just so you know there is a calendar control in VB already but that did not stop me either... Now, as it seems you are just learning, the question comes on how much you do actually know? Do you know how to create controls at runtime by either loading controls in arrays or by creating objects? Do you know about the various date functions? Do you know how to tell which years is a leap year?

Now, I could go on and on with the questions but I don't want to overload you with them. Best bet, since creating this thing will cover many areas, is to start with some code that accomplishes part of your task and if you have any problems with that code come back, post your code and we will try and help you...

Good Luck

All I remember now is how to create objects, encode functions and linking to the database. I don't know jack about how to even start with the calendar. But I know the logic of how to calculate for leap years and applying them. I know the logic but I don't know the language. I really need a good tutorial about how to atleast make the foundations of it. I tried reading the idiot's guide and I kinda get it but now that you mentioned that there is a calendar control in VB, I'd like to know how to call it and prolly even embed it on a form.

Thanks for the help really. I'm actually just learning this very recently.

Okay, right click on the toolbox and select components. When the dialog comes up, scroll down to Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0(SP6)>select>OK (BTW: SP6b found at MS). Then when you hover over the controls, the control you are looking for will have a tooltip of DTPicker...

Good Luck

Thanks a million, sir. ^^' So sorry for being a noob. Thanks alot for the help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.