chris7197 0 Newbie Poster

Hi, I am creating an application that uses Quartz.NET to automatically download and upload files to various sources (HTTP, FTP and Network paths) based upon a regular exprsesion. Users can select multiple paths for each download and upload operation, so a typical job may be to download files from a http server, and also download from an ftp server, and upload all files to a network path.

Currently, I am downloading all files from all the download sources, and storing them in a folder (With the name of a folder being a GUID specific to that job). Then for the upload stage, it will simply read all files from that directory, and upload them to the path, which is great.

Problem is, for specific paths, the user may request these to be deleted after upload has completed, which is an issue as how can I find out where a file come from in a folder? I've been trying to think of ways around this, such as creating folders for each download path, but I'd need to check for duplicate names on download rather than upload, plus I'd need to merge both subfolders...etc!

Can anyone offer any ideas? Many thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.