RogerInHawaii 0 Newbie Poster

I'm using Microsoft's webBrowser control. Actually, I"m using several of them in a single application. I'd like to be able to selectively turn off the sound. That is, turn it off for one or more of the webBrowser controls and maybe leave it on for the others. But there seems to be no way to do that.

Searching around the Internet I've found ways to turn off the Click sound that occurs on some versions of Internet Explorer, and I've found ways to turn off sound for ALL browsers (via messy manipulation of the registry) but haven't found a way to do it on a webBrowser by webBrowser basis.

I find it interesting that there is a Stop function for the webBrowser control that will stop any ongoing navigation of the webBrowser and in conjunction with that it stops the sound. (Much like hitting the X button on any tab of Internet Explorer; it stops that tab from loading and stops any sound that particular tab is generating). So, since it can stop the sound with the Stop function, it would seem reasonable that there should be a way to stop JUST the sound.

Suggestions are welcome.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.