Hi folks,

Okay, here's the scenario; I've got 2 DLLs, "A.dll" and "B.dll", that I'm referencing within my VS2010 C# project, "ProjectC". "B.dll" also contains a reference to "A.dll". "A.dll" contains a class, ClassA , which contains an automatic static property called ClassA.StaticProperty .

Now here's where I'm a bit uncertain as to the behaviour of my application; let's say "B.dll" contains a class method that reads ClassA.StaticProperty called ClassB.FooBar() . Now, if I say ClassA.StaticProperty = Bob; somewhere within "ProjectC", will ClassB.FooBar() see "Bob" when it reads this static property later on in the code?

I'm using a simple scenario because the detail behind my project is somewhat complex, but if it will help to understand what I'm doing I'll go into more detail :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Yes, B.dll will be using the same static property that the rest of your code uses, so it will have the same value everywhere.

Yes, B.dll will be using the same static property that the rest of your code uses, so it will have the same value everywhere.

Brilliant! Cheers mate :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.