nkotbox 0 Newbie Poster

I am working on a database project and am in need of help. I have a database used for tech support call logging where each call is logged per machine_serial#. There are 3 tables for this example. Customer, Machine & calls. In the database customer and machine have a relationship by Customer ID and calls and machine have a relationship by serial#.

I have created a dataset for each table and have also run query's against the database tables to make 2 more DS.tables.

In my VB app I am trying to recreate the original database view which was a form with a subform. The form had a customers profile brought up for 1 particular serial# while the subform showed only calls relating to the serial# that was being viewed.

The form data is currently being populated by a query run on the database tables. I can scroll thru customer data 1 serial# at a time. I cannot get the calls for each serial# to be shown. I tried using a dataset.select to populate a datarow(). I was unsuccessful.

Do I run a query on the dataset? I think the right time to call for the data is when the customer is changed. At this time I want to match a serial#TB.text with the call table and only show the calls associated with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?