Hello guys i need your help to finish my project in computer programming so guys i need your help

problem: the new telephone company has the following rate structure for long-distance calls:
a. The regular rate for a call is $0.40 per minute
b. any call started after 6:00 PM(1800 hours) but before 8:00 AM(0800 hours) is discounted 50%.
c. any call longer than 60 minutes receives a 15% discount.
d. all call are subject to a 4% federal tax on the cost after any discount.

write a program(using turbo c) that take the start time for a call based on aa 24-hour clock and the length if the call in minutes.the gross cost(before any discounts or tax) should be displayed
followed by the net cost(after discount are deducted and tax is added).Use a function to display instructions to the program user, a function to compute the gross cost, and a
separate function to compute each discount amount.

thank you! in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I dont think it matters, atleast in this case, or maybe you mean something else, you should add and show some code to make your problem more clear.

you should use if-else statements to solve this problem since switch case statements cannot be used to check whether a value lies in a particular range or not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.