I need a custom dialog. I've been playing around for hours trying to create one and simply don't get it!
All I need is the standard wx.TextEntryDialog but with 2 text fields. Can anyone please help?
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

2 text fields requires 2 Entry (Dialogs). Although TextCtrl is generally used. A standard example for entering user name and password.

import wx

class TextFrame(wx.Frame):
    def __init__(self):
        wx.Frame.__init__(self, None, -1, 'Text Entry Example', size=(300, 100))
        panel = wx.Panel(self, -1) 
        basicLabel = wx.StaticText(panel, -1, "Basic Control:")
        basicText = wx.TextCtrl(panel, -1, "I've entered some text!", size=(175, -1))
        basicText.SetInsertionPoint(0)

pwdLabel = wx.StaticText(panel, -1, "Password:")
        pwdText = wx.TextCtrl(panel, -1, "password", size=(175, -1),style=wx.TE_PASSWORD)
        sizer = wx.FlexGridSizer(cols=2, hgap=6, vgap=6)
        sizer.AddMany([basicLabel, basicText, pwdLabel, pwdText])
        panel.SetSizer(sizer)

app = wx.PySimpleApp()
frame = TextFrame()
frame.Show()
app.MainLoop()

I have created a similar frame as a child window with text boxes but I don't understand how to get the information from this to the main program, hence the question about modifying, so I can see whats going on and try to expand on it.

I have a large paragraph of text and the user has to pick two elements from it. I can do it with a standard textentrydialog for just one element:

dlg = wx.TextEntryDialog(self, paragraph,'Please choose an element...')
        dlg.SetValue("cobalt")

Until now I've had a second textentrydialog open immediately after the first but it is ugly!

There is not something similar than wxLB_MULTIPLE for ListBox?

I'm sorry to sound ungrateful but from the questions I'm asking it must be clear that I am an absolute beginner. So, single line questions to my questions, phrased in the style of Yoda are not going to ease my torment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.