I decided to get rid of windows xp and switch over to Ubuntu entirely. In order to do so I had to uninstall XP and Ubuntu so I could start over on my computer. I did this, and everything has been working better. Except for the most important part: my compilers aren't working. Code::Blocks won't build my code (I have tried deleting it and installing it again, it didn't work), and Geany won't build my code. I got an error message when I tried to compile it on Geany:

Unable to exec g++.real: No such file or directory

Anyone know how I can fix this? I found a solution on a different website, but my terminal told me permission denied (this is my personal computer).

Website for 'permission denied' action:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1586504
(It is about halfway in the forum)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.backup
this is what the website said to do, my computer didn't let me (permission denied)

It appears you just don't have gcc installed (code-blocks or geany or kdevelop will not install the compiler, they are only IDEs). Run this command:

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential

You can also install dev C++ for ubuntu. It also installs compiler.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.