anoop1987 0 Newbie Poster

Hi All

I am VC++ developer and trying to Automate Microsoft Outlook and got stucked at one point so need your help indeed.

Expecting your reply for my question.

what i want to achieve is :-

I have few contacts in my application and i want to transfer them to outlook. And in outlook itself there are 3 to 5 user created contacts folder.

so first time i will ask user to pic the contact folder and once he chosen the contact folder, i will store the path of chosen contact folder in an .ini file

So next time when he transfers the contact I will not ask him to choose the folder again via the same code, instead i will transfer the contact to the same old contact folder, whose path i have saved in the .ini file.

so what i wanted to implement is to iterate all contact folders present in the outlook and get their path through pFolder->GetFullFolderPath(); function and compare it with saved path if found then i can use that folder object for moving my contact exactly there

something like this

pItem->Save();
pItem->Move(pFolder);

Partial Code snippet Below in VC++

_ApplicationPtr pApp;
_ItemsPtr pItems;
MAPIFolderPtr pFolder, pFolderChld;
_ContactItemPtr pContact;
HRESULT hr;

try
{
hr=pApp.CreateInstance(__uuidof(Application));

if (FAILED(hr))
{
    MsageBox("Unable to instantiate Outlook.","Outlook Error",MB_OK);
   return;
}

if(m_Option.GetCheck()) //default outlook contacts folder
{
    pFolder=pApp->GetNamespace(_bstr_t("MAPI"))->GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts);
   if (pFolder==NULL)
    {
      MessageBox("Could not find default contacts folder.","Outlook Error");
     return;
     }
}
else //display folder selection window
{
pFolder = pApp->GetNamespace(_bstr_t("MAPI"))->PickFolder();

if (pFolder==NULL)
   return;

if (pFolder->GetDefaultItemType()!=olContactItem)
{
    MessageBox("Select folder is not a Contact folder.","Outlook Contacts");
    return;
}
else
{
   BSTR bsPath = pFolder->GetFullFolderPath();
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.